Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Little Things!















How Blessed I am, how the Father Loves ME, His daughter!


I want to give you all a glimpse into my day at work. I work for a Home Hospice group I have been there almost 2 years (wow how time flies). Those that are not familiar with Hospice, Hospice is a part of the health care program where the patient is usually given 3-6 months to live and on occasion I will get the poor soul that waits on this program for 1-2 years. I have never had anyone longer then 2 years, but it is getting close. Now I drive to the patients home and take care of there needs ADL's. I will on busy days have 8-9 patients and drive over 100 miles a day, that has change (Thank God) since we got more employees. I will still have that many, but I have not had to drive that far since the summer. The patients ages range from 23-93 years old with terminal illness some suffering badly others in a unresponsive state feeling nothing! It is a very hard job, but I know I am to be where I am at this time and I love it. Although saying you love your job when people die daily kind of sound a little morbid but trust me I am not! To be able to visit and get in a very personal position with stranger and more then likely walk with them during that very hard time in there life is a true BLESSING!









I have placed pictures on here from a day I drove to Rockwood to care for a wonderful lady. And I was overwhelmed with Thanksgiving, how He gives you ALL you need when you need it.








I have been over whelmed with a great Blessed week I have needed a certain tooth fixed or a long time now and it got to the point of there is no way I can go any longer with it the way it was. I went and had a root canal Wed. morning and that was straight from God to be able to go in there and pay for it. REALLY! I mean mouth work goes so untreated for many reasons, well mine was because I had no way to pay for it. I was in the position of OK I should pay rent or get my tooth fixed right. And I must say during this almost year of pain I finally at the last few days of my nerves being in tact I said loudly and firmly to the Lord (although HE knows all you must ask). I HAVE NO way of getting this fixed Lord but it has to be so Daddy fix it. GRIN! guess what that next day money came through to fix it WOW~! And get this while I sit there getting this wonderful root canal I got a text form the Blessed person that helped and they had been Blessed beyond words that very day. OM GOODNESS, its 7am and I am about to jump and scream that still excites me so ! He is so good. Now I am sure you are like OK God came through but that happens on occasions. LOL! No it does not we need to ALWAYS remember ALL GOOD THINGS COME FROM THE Lord! Yes all good things that means honey if you woke up in the morning and your house wasn't burning to the ground or all your kids are safe healthy in there beds. If you have running water or a warm house (or cool) if you have a church that you can attend and worship freely YOU ARE BLESSED! If you can breath in and out without oxygen and your not taken tons of pain meds to get you through your last few breathes on earth. And you know what even if you don't have any of those things mentioned above you are still alive cause you are reading this and you STILL have a chance to have one more moment to talk to JESUS! What Grace and Mercy we have been given don't let it fall at the waist side jump in there and get ALL HE has for you! I promise you He has MORE, just when you think you can not get anymore of Christ or you have went to the deepest of your relationship dig some more and you will be surprised at what you will find. HE will leave you standing in aw, and if your driving get ready to pull over. Open yourself to Him and let Him do what He wants I promise you will not be the same.






God is Good, I dare you to find 3 things that are good today, just look at something and say is this good or bad, and if you find its good Praise the Great I Am for it and see what happens.




James 4
1What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? 2You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. 3When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
4You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. 5Or do you think Scripture says without reason that the spirit he caused to live in us envies intensely?[
a] 6But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."[b]
7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.




You spend a lot of your time praying and asking God for the things you feel you need or sometimes things you just want and it does not come why is that?





















3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great reminder, Angel, of the awesome blessings of God!! He is truly a wonderful Father!

Sheila Atchley said...

I accept your challenge...I will find three things "good" today, that I have not even thought of before. Love you, Angel girl, and I rejoice at you being able to get your dental work done...I sooooo know how that is (not being able to afford the work) and God DOES provide!

See you in the morning.

Hannah Nichole Atchley said...

Wow, this was for me today Angel. Thank you for sharing.
I love you,