Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dont Just do something

We are a doing people. We always wants to be doing something . Every now and then someone will exclaim, "Don't just stand there do something!" I n contrast, I think God is crying out to us, "Don't just do something, stand there! Enter a love relationship with Me. Get to know Me. Adjust your life to Me. Let Me love you and reveal Myself through you to a watching world." A time will come when doing will be called for, but we cannot skip the relationship. The relationship with God must come first.
Jesus said, I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing," (John 15:5). Do you believe Him? Without Him you can do NOTHING.
Henry & Richard Blackaby

6 comments:

Sheila Atchley said...

Wow, Angel! The Lord has been speaking the exact same thing to me! I'm so grateful for the confirmation.

angelsdaddyisking said...

YEs, He is so very clear on certain things right now with me! God is so amazing!

Unknown said...

Me too, girl! Jeff and I are both being told over and over again - there is nothing you can do about any of this! Stand still and watch what "I" will do, says the Lord... He's wanting to show His power in this day. I say we let Him! :)

Liz Overton said...

Thanks for sharing this, Angel! I needed to hear it.

Unknown said...

My heart jumped when I started reading your post, Angel! "Stillness" is the theme of what God is speaking in my life these days. I never cease to be amazed at the absolute consistency of the Lord as He speaks to His children. Wow.

Hannah Nichole Atchley said...

I loved this Angel, thank you so much for sharing!